Thank you very much for your interest in helping the Interior Alaska Land Trust.
In order to make best use of your time, please let us know at InteriorAKLandTrust@gmail.com what type of activities you are interested in. Some of these activities can be done at home, some at the Land Trust office, and some require attending committee meetings.
- Keeping the name/address database current (one hour per week).
- Updating the web site (five hours or more).
Researching current events of interest to the Land Trust, and reporting to the board:
- Keeping track of City issues (one hour per week).
- Keeping track of Borough issues (one hour per week).
- Keeping in touch with other Alaska land trusts (one hour per week).
- Keeping track of Land Trust Alliance (one hour per week).
- Writing, putting together pieces (eight hours, twice per year).
- Formatting the newsletter (eight hours, twice per year).
- Mailing newsletter (four hours, twice per year).
- Join a committee to work on an on-going easement negotiation (one – four hours per week).
- Visiting existing protected property (two – eight hours, at least once per year).
Committees to work on public policy issues:
- Wetland development.
- Chena Flats Greenbelt project.
- Any other activities that you would like to do that you think would benefit the Land Trust.